A welcoming care team and environment to navigate individuals toward a confident discharge.
Facility-based care meets the medical needs of individuals with medically complex conditions who require intense, specialized treatment for an extended period of time, or who reside in areas where skilled medical care is not readily available.
Services are provided at long-term acute care hospitals, therapy clinics, and rural clinics. Patients in this program may have a range of injuries or illnesses, including brain injury, multiple traumas, infectious diseases, or common ailments that require the attention of a medical professional.
- Daily physician intervention and 24-hour nursing care
- Complex respiratory services, including ventilator weaning, pulmonary hygiene, tracheotomy, and chest physiotherapy
- Physical, occupational, and speech/language therapies
- Nutrition and dietary management
- Case management and social services
- Laboratory, radiology, and pharmacy
- Telemetry/cardiac monitoring
- Specialized IV team
- Pain management
- Antibiotic therapy
- Discharge planning
- Patient and family education
- Evaluation of and care for common minor injury and illness (rural clinics)